A respectable aviation company, based in Fort Worth, TX is looking for their next Staff Accountant for their team. This is a great opportunity to grow with an organization as they are looking for their "go-to" person for years to come. If you have 1-4 years of Accounting experience, then this would a wonderful opportunity. Apply today
location: Fort Worth, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Reviewing, approving and insuring all month end journal entries for all subsystems (Payroll, AP, & Fixed Assets) are recorded.
- Reviewing and recording all monthly inventory, prepaid and accrual journal entries.
- Reconcile and make adjustments to all balance sheet accounts.
- Timely and accurate bank account reconciliations to include research and recording of any reconciling items.
- Analytical review of balance sheet and documenting month end income statement variances.
- Communicate pertinent financial information to course general managers and corporate management.
- Identify and recommend changes to company policies, procedures and internal controls as necessary.
- Preparing monthly sales and use tax returns.
- 2+ years of experience in a Staff Accountant role or similar
- Excellent Excel skills
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Aviation experience is a plus
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.