Randstad Professionals has an immediate need for a Controller to join a growing entrepreneurial company in the south Broward County area. The Controller work very closely with Senior Management (CFO and COO) and be responsible hands-on management of general ledger accounting, AR/AP review and reconciliations, month-end closings and review of payroll and commissions. The Controller must have the demonstrated ability to communicate cross functionally with other departments.
location: Hallandale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 9 Years
- Provide financial reporting within company policies, guidelines and in compliance with lender requirements and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process initiatives related to month end close, financial reporting, business operations and process improvements.
- Maintain supporting schedules and roll forwards for balance sheet accounts and reconcile these schedules on a monthly basis.
- Review payroll and commission reports for accuracy and timeliness of employee commissions
- Prepare and review month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation schedules to ensure proper receivable/payable cutoff and monthly revenue recognition accounting is consistent with Company's accounting policies
- Work directly with the CFO to prepare month-end financial reporting package (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and other equity related financial reports)
- Cross functional communication with other departments within the company
- Analyze monthly and quarterly variances and provide explanations to budgets
- Prepare internal financial reports for senior management
- Assist CFO with budgeting process and trend analyses
- Strong presence and communication skills are critical in this role, as the Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and have significant interaction with senior management, vendors, the board of directors, and other parties
- Proven experience working for an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment
- 4 year degree in business (Accounting / Finance) is a plus
- 7-10 years plus hands-on accounting experience working as an Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller/Controller
- Absolutely must be highly skilled with using NetSuite ERP
- Must be comfortable in dealing with other department heads and interaction with senior management
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines for the accounting team
- Strong Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, if statements, and importing and exporting data)
- Strong Communication skills both written and oral.
skills: General Ledger, Financial Statements, Accruals, Financial Reporting, Commissions, General Accounting and Finance Skills, $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.