We are seeking a career-minded individual for the position of Senior Accountant, preferably someone who is looking for long-term growth and potential. In addition to the job description below, candidates must possess strong customer service skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task at a quick pace. Being a team player is a must!
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Develops, analyzes, and prepares monthly financial statements for timely distribution to management.
- Assists with accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions; entering data into accounts payable system; and processing bi-weekly check runs.
- Assists with accounts receivable functions including but not limited to applying payments to appropriate accounts, monthly invoicing, reconciling customer accounts, and handling customer inquiries.
- Assists with budget preparation.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly journals.
- Performs daily banking procedures.
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules.
- Prepares monthly tax returns.
- Assists with annual external audits.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Prepares account analyses and reconciliation.
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; recommends improvements.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years experience
- CPA Certification preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with managing a team.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor and a polished professional appearance.
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.