Growing company located in the greater Boca Raton area has an immediate need for a senior accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for month-end closing activities to include preparing journal entries, maintaining financial reporting schedules, reconciling general ledger accounts and providing guidance and interpretation on accounting policies and procedures.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare journal entries for month-end closing and financial reporting
- Reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts and maintain accurate schedules for significant material balance sheet an P&L balances
- Ensure through research and review, compliance with all required financial statement disclosures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) principles and methods.
- Supports month-end close by preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Perform extensive balance sheet and income statement review, researches and resolves any possible issues/errors.
- Develop, maintain and distribute monthly & quarterly management reports to support decision making - i.e. Executive / Operational Flash Reports.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Completing multiple varieties of ad hoc analysis & reports to support business decisions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical, decision making, and communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all levels within the organization.
- Extended Working Hours as required.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) principles and methods.
- Business and personal computer hardware and software applications. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Power Point)
- Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
- Working with advanced mathematical and accounting concepts.
- Analyze and interpret financial reports and documents.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Planning, coordinating and performing professional accounting work related to the maintenance and development of financial and accounting.
- Handling multiple projects, duties and assignments.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 5-7 years accounting/finance work experience
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to me directly: Daniel.Wan@randstadusa.com
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accruals, Analysis, capital expenditures, Account Opening - Banking, Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.