Randstad Professionals has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant . The Senior Accountant will be responsible for month-end closing activities to include preparing journal entries, maintaining financial reporting schedules and reconciling general ledger accounts. Additional duties include performing financial analysis and adhoc reports. This is a fast paced environment that requires engagement with multiple levels of management throughout the company.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare journal entries for month-end closing; reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts. Maintain accurate schedules for significant material balance sheet an P&L balances
- Ensure through research and review, compliance with all required financial statement disclosures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) principles and methods.
- Supports month-end close by preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Extensive Balance Sheet and Income Statement review, researches and resolves any possible issues/errors.
- Develop, maintain and distribute daily, monthly & quarterly management reports for various departments and divisions, to support decision making.
- Assists in the financial audit of company accounts in support of internal and external audit teams by providing policy guidance and interpretation.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Completing multiple varieties of ad hoc analysis & reports to support business decisions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- BBA in Accounting or from an accredited college or university
- 5-years plus accounting/finance work experience.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical, decision making, and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Power Point)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) principles and methods.
- Analyze and interpret financial reports and documents.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Planning, coordinating and performing professional accounting work related to the maintenance and development of financial and accounting.
- Handling multiple projects, duties and assignments.
skills: General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Month-End Close, Financial Reporting - External, Financial Reporting - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.