Payroll Assistant performs technical tasks related to multi-state payroll wage and hour, with emphasis on Public Works laws, preparation of certified payroll, reporting/dashboard, and special payroll financial analysis. The position will also serve as the main payroll processing backup to the Payroll Professional.
location: Van Nuys, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 27 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare Public Works certified payroll reporting, and other required compliance forms for Public Works Projects.
- Run accounting and labor reports
- Prepare monthly OCIP (workers comp) payroll reports and submitting to customers as needed.
- Coordinates the daily operation of the payroll system(s); review all additions, deletions and changes in payroll information for accuracy.
- Weekly/ Monthly and ad hoc payroll report processing.
This is an intermediate level position within the Admin/Human Resources Department. Candidate is expected to perform:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, in writing and verbally.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must have the ability to quickly learn all internal software and systems and must be technically savvy.
- The candidate must have strong computer/computer software and administrative skills and be well organized. Must have experience with outside Payroll Vendors.
- Payroll Assistant must demonstrate confidentiality with Payroll/HR related matters.
- Payroll Assistant must work, both effectively and efficiently, with members of other departments to accomplish daily tasks.
If you are available to interview immediately, please apply directly or forward resume to email@example.com
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.