job summary: Summary:
Responsible for the accuracy, reporting and analysis of all expense and income accounting for selected commercial/multi-family properties; also for generating operating and financial statements and reports.
location: Beverly Hills, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform full-cycle accounting for the selected commercial/multi-family properties and ensure proper expense accounting, accuracy of entries and accurate and timely monthly closings by analyzing and reconciling various General Ledgers and CAM charges. Also, where applicable, maintain accrual schedules for property taxes, depreciation, amortization and insurance while preparing and inputting journal entries.
- Support effective asset management by working with the Property Management team to review variances, audit and reconcile yearly CAM charges. Recommend and execute expense re-classes as appropriate; while providing timely and accurate financial information to managers to support budgeting and forecast activities as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing lease setup in Yardi and ensuring the lease charge schedules input by Operations are entered accurately.
- Help property managers with tenant ledger reconciliations and review of AR report to make sure outstanding ARs are collected on timely basis. Also research and approve tenants credits, nonrecurring charges
- Post monthly commercial and/or multi-family billings, get Property Managers' approval and send out rent statement for selected commercial and multi-family properties; also responsible for preparing tenant security deposit using Yardi deposit accounting function and reconciliation of security deposits to the subsidiary ledger on monthly basis.
- Review weekly AP batches to ensure expenses are coded properly and necessary approvals are obtained before the checks are signed
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation using Yardi bank reconciliation function including follow up on outstanding checks, deposits and adjustments
- Prepare annual budget assumptions that the accounting department is responsible for including property taxes and insurance.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the accounting department by working with the Department Manager and external auditors to analyze current processes, recommend improvements and implement new processes.
- Coordinate refund of tenant security deposits.
- Assist the Department Manager in the preparation and review of investors' K1s and 1099's
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands and applies GAAP in income and expense accounting.
- Understands and applies CAM charges accordingly.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Analyzes and reports on complex and diverse financial information.
- Develops realistic project plans; coordinates projects through completion by deadline.
- Manages competing demands.
- Responds promptly to internal and external customer needs.
- Participates in meetings.
- Contributes to group efforts and shares knowledge and expertise with co-workers.
- Writes clearly and presents numerical data effectively.
- Four to eight years of accounting experience generating and analyzing financial statements within the Real Estate
- Property Management Industry.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with Yardi accounting software preferred.
- Strong MS excel skills and proficiency with other MS office software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reasonable accommodations may be for individuals with disabilities.
skills: Property Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.