job summary: Rapid growth & many strategic changes make it a great time to join our client's Financial Planning & Analysis team!
Our client is currently searching for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to support their FP&A function as they continue to experience incredible business expansion and navigate various strategic changes. In this position, you will work closely with their Manager and Director of FP&A, as well as other business leaders, to provide valuable forecasts and models to assist with budgeting and gauge the effectiveness of wide-ranging business strategies.
location: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Conducts financial analysis activities such as budget variance analysis, capital budgeting, audit, risk management and cash management.
- Participates in S&OP planning and provides financial insights to product management and commercial teams. Ensures S&OP financial plans are realistic and identifies gaps with the Corporate financial forecast.
- Ensures systems controls are in place and determines operation's consistency with corporate objectives and standards through various verification methods and procedures.
- Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports on findings to make recommendations to management; analyzes and evaluates the organization's operating results and financial position.
- Prepares annual, quarterly, or monthly financial and operational reports and assists with the evaluation of business results.
- Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business.
- Creates financial models of "what if" scenarios to help future business planning decisions in areas such as new product development and new marketing strategies.
- Analyzes and generates accurate and timely cash flow, sales, and expense projections.
- Audits financial data and various statements, including cash flow, income, and balance sheets to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares global service line profitability analyses. Creates service reporting, and engages with Commercial leaders to discover upcoming business changes impacting financial outlooks.
- Conduct data mining over business systems across multiple systems and summarize key points to management.
- Performs economic research and studies of rates of return; researches economic progressions to assist the organization's financial planning.
- Researches and recommends options and solutions for organizational improvement in expenses including multiple outside recruiting vendors.
- Prepares operating budgets for multiple services units or departments based on actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports and other factors.
- Develops financial models in support of the annual budget and forecasting processes.
- Assists department managers in the development of department and Gathers data to support budgeting analysis and forecasting. Analyzes current budgets to determine if funds are appropriately spent.
- Consolidates data from other departments into operating and capital budgets. Prepare budget reports and summary documents and review for accuracy.
- Reviews expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure conformance to budget. Maintains records of expenses, inventories and budget balances. Communicates findings to management.
- Makes recommendations for reporting automation and oversees system projects and/or the work of overseas personnel for specific projects/tasks.
- Performs quality checks of data/reporting and collaborates with peers to meet commitments.
- Assists in the development of, calculation of and interpretation of KPI's relevant to business performance and financial outlook.
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance; or relevant accounting experience.
- 4-6 years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting, or similar discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting, cash management, and financial analysis processes.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a complex business environment with sometimes ambiguous information, data requests, and/or limited resources available to complete.
- Project management skills.
- Spreadsheet financial modelling skills and data collection/reporting skills through various data management systems.
- Sense of urgency to complete tasks.
- Inquisitive and able to determine the root cause of issues.
For immediate consideration, please send you resume to email@example.com.
skills: Budgeting, Business Analysis, Analysis - Brand/Market, Analysis - Risk, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting, $2 billion+, Activity Based Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.