Our client,named one of the 50 best accounting employers to work for in North America, is is a full-service certified public accounting and advisory firm. They are seeking a Senior Accountant to perform a broad range of accounting tasks. This individual will assist the engagement partner and/or manager in the development of engagement strategy, planning, execution of work, review and interpretation of findings.
location: Wethersfield, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Responsible for the more complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Prepare and review financial statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements.
- Instructs and assigns work to bookkeepers and accounting staff engaged in general accounting activities.
- Sufficient knowledge of accounting and tax standards with the ability to interact with business owners and management.
- Ability to prepare or review tax returns, financial statements, monthly/quarterly write-up services, engagement documentation and related reports.
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classification assigned to various records.
- Ability to conduct tax research, prepare projections and complex entity and individual tax returns.
- Encouraged to develop new client relationships and expand business opportunities.
- Demonstrate an ability with limited direction, to oversee the project.
- Analyze financial reports/records and make recommendations.
- 3+ years experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting from an accredited college/university is required, master's in Accounting or relevant field is preferred.
- Must have prior CPA Firm experience.
- Eligible to sit for the CPA Exam or have passed all or parts of the CPA Exam.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including working knowledge of firm's tax and accounting software and applications.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Strong working knowledge and application of GAAP standards.
- Strong working knowledge of Federal and State taxation for individual and entity returns.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with managing engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines.
- Encouraged participation in civic or professional organizations.
- Encouraged participation in firm initiatives.
skills: CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.