A Shelton area market leader in global E-commerce solutions is seeking a Manager, Technical Accounting. The Manager, Technical Accounting will be very heavily project based and will interact with all areas of the organization. The position will assist with providing global technical accounting support to senior management and business unit management and will be directly involved with the implementation of new accounting standards.
This position offers good work/life balance and great exposure to the Controller. To be considered, a candidate must have a CPA and be willing to be extremely hands-on. It is a project based position.
location: Shelton, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assist with the adoption of new accounting standards.
- Work with business unit management and/or corporate management to determine transition adjustments and develop reporting requirements
- Draft accounting positions and accounting policy
- Develop and implement a reporting process for enhanced disclosure requirements
- Review contracts for appropriate accounting treatment
- Interact with external auditors during the implementation process
- Assist the Technical Accounting Group in providing technical research on accounting issues, including accounting guidance related to various corporate transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures.
- Research and analyze emerging accounting issues from the SEC, IASB, FASB and other regulatory bodies.
- Maintain relationships with business partners to ensure early identification of transactions that could have a potential accounting/reporting impact including maintain close relationships with the tax department and business unit teams
- 5+ years of work experience including minimum of 3 years of with large active public clients
- CPA, with Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Proven project management skills - ability to coordinate the complete project from inception to completion, incorporating feedback from multiple sources. In addition ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills/ability to work with others
- Attention to detail; excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with contract reviews to determine appropriate accounting treatment preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.