We've partnered with a NASDAQ listed $6B financial technology company who serves a worldwide clientele of funds with nearly $1.7 trillion in assets under administration. They are looking to hire a fund accountant into their team.
- Work with smart collegiate professionals in a highly desirable office space.
- Attractive 50% 401K match up to $4K p.a., 50% reimbursement for tuition or professional development (CPA or CFA).
- 15 days PTO first year, then 20 days PTO after 1 year (+9 holiday days off).
- Stock option grants to top performers, these are awarded on an annual basis.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
The Fund Accountant
is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned fund. Also ensuring that the balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and makes certain strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies. Principal Accountability 50% - Daily Accounting
30% - Month End Tasks
- Handle accounting for assigned simple to moderate funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
5% - Price Products
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned moderate complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation ("ME pack") fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
5% - Process Improvements
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
10% - Other responsibilities
- Identify and implement work process improvements with regards to efficiency and ensuring that strong internal controls are maintained.
- Prepare year end audit packs
- Assist with annual financial statement preparation for assigned funds, including: reconciliation of cash and holdings, ensuring reconciling items are researched and resolved, review of trial balance.
- Answer ad-hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- Work with team members in Operations, Risk and Credit departments as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in financial services, mutual funds or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Audit/Control Minded
- Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge, experience and skills in the use of PC-based systems, including MS Excel.
skills: Financial Reporting, Fund Reporting, Mutual Fund Accounting, Audit-Internal, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.