We've partnered with a NASDAQ listed $6B financial technology company who serves a worldwide clientele of funds with nearly $1.7 trillion in assets under administration. They are looking to hire a fund accountant into their team.
- Work with smart collegiate professionals in a highly desirable office space.
- Attractive 50% 401K match up to $4K p.a., 50% reimbursement for tuition or professional development (CPA or CFA).
- 15 days PTO first year, then 20 days PTO after 1 year (+9 holiday days off).
- Stock option grants to top performers, these are awarded on an annual basis.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Position Responsibilities:
- Managing the treasury management process of assigned accounts
- Standard settlement instruction (SSI) creation and verification, money transfer setup and release, capital call and redemption processing, and daily account maintenance
- Prepare and review the daily reconciliation process for transactions, cash and holdings support for the assigned funds
- Prepare daily reconciliations that are fully supported with source documentation in a standardized format
- Provide insightful commentary for reconciliations differences in the daily reports
- Escalation of breaks or unsupported balances
- Work with client traders, counter-parties, custodian/prime brokers and accountants to settle financial transactions
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of daily trade confirmations, settlements and customer reporting
- Provide back-up coverage for other desks within Trade Operations
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of deliverable packages to internal stakeholders
- Establish plan for new client setup to ensure appropriate access to supporting documentation
- Coordinate with Fund Accounting group to provide information or obtain internal support
- 1+ years of financial industry experience
- 4yr College and/or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong internal control orientation
- Knowledge of hedge fund industry and related products
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with spreadsheet
- Strong organizational and detail oriented skills with proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
skills: Operational Audit, Banking Operations, Risk Audit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.