Our client in Springfield, VA is looking for an experience AP Specialist to join their team for a 6-8 week contract.
Core responsibilities will be reviewing/entering invoices, reviewing and preparing reports, issuing checks, reconciliation, and auditing. They need someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, someone detail orientated and not afraid to take initiative. The person will handle the day to day AP tasks. The person will need to be able to multitask and be able to switch tasks quickly and efficiently. Must Haves:
Costpoint experience is a non-negotiable. They must have experience in costpoint. A preferred skills is intermediate/advanced level excel skills. Associates degree required.
location: Springfield, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Reviewing invoices and check requests for approval, proper support documentation and account classification.
- Entering invoices, credit memos, account re-classes and manual checks into the Accounts Payables module of accounting software system.
- Proofing voucher information entered into the accounting software system and make corrections as needed. Ensuring internal controls are met when processing payments.
- Entering wire transfer information in the online banking system.
- Reviewing various AP Reports for accuracy prior to issuing checks.
- Issuing checks and prepare them for signature and distribution.
- Researching and resolving invoice and payment issues as requested by Supervisor.
- Proactively interacting with internal departments and external vendors to resolve questions/issues.
- Auditing employee expense reports for compliance and appropriate documentation and process for reimbursement.
- Performing account reconciliation and research outstanding balances with vendors.
- Maintaining the invoice log.
- Handling all incoming mail, including logging, and routing of invoices for approval.
- Handing the weekly disbursement of checks.
- Associates Degree with a minimum of two years experience in accounts payable preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Deltek CostPoint
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Demonstrated time and organizational management skills
skills: A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.