Randstad Professionals has an excellent opportunity to work with a top tier bank in the financial industry.
- The Operational Risk Consultant will be part of administration, planning and logistics of an operational excellence function responsible for providing enterprise-wide oversight and governance of integrated operational risk program work streams within a particular group.
- Proactively identifies potential business operational risks; constructively creates new controls and documents existing controls within the Business Process Management Program taxonomy; evaluates both short and long-term consequences of related issues and self-assurance impact on processes and ensuring program requirements are clearly communicated and impact is clearly assessed
- The consultant will help ensure the effectiveness of end-to-end business processes and implement key controls to ensure operational risk capabilities are executed consistently.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 41 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- High Level:
- Oversee control development that is directly related to Value Streams future and current state
- Identify/define Value Streams to validate process scope
- Documenting flows with the aligning Business Process Management Program partners along with process owners and subject matter experts.
- The Integrated Process Risk and Control (IPRC) Assessment will implement a BPM process-aligned Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA)
- Identify/document business specific controls/risks
- Facilitate/maintain control walkthrough documentation
- Create process model and IPRC template - design and document control descriptions and ensure controls can be proven by testing a sample of one.
- Retaining all control evidence
- Develop/maintain self-assurance process documentation
- Generate executive level reports on risks/control effectiveness impacting business processes
- Ensure program requirements are clearly communicated and impact on business partners is clearly assessed
- Detailed level:
- Lead control development directly related to Value Streams' future and current state.
- Develop Taxonomy Process Names, and accurately represent them in iGrafx
- Lead the stratification process components consistently
- Identify business partners
- Sprint Participation-document flows with program partners along department process owners and SMEs.
- Facilitate audit engagements related to business process (walkthrough sessions, evidence collection, and initial review of evidence to ensure accuracy and completeness)
- Risk Type feedback of a material nature to support keeping Risk Analysis Unit up to date with material changes to support maintenance of aggregate level
- RCSA Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills with an ability to interact and build relationships effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience with virtual, matrixed leadership
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in risk and control monitoring and reporting (control evaluation and assessment)
- Self-motivated with ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines
- Strong management reporting skills, ability to translate data into actionable information.
- Experience in the coordination, creation and facilitation of reporting to senior leaders and board of directors
- Ability to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and analyze issues when data is collected from multiple sources and ability to obtain information needed to properly assess potential risks
- Prior experience managing/creating regulatory compliance policies/procedures
Click to Apply
skills: Project Management, Risk Management, Audit-Internal, Audit - Internal, Analysis - Risk, Risk Audit, Risk - Management, Risk - Assessment, Risk - Analysis, Project Management & Methodologies, Governance Risk & Controls / Audit, Agile
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.