Are you a talented Payroll/Garnishments professional searching for your next home? A fast growing payroll services company in the Irving area is seeking a new person to add to their team. The opportunity is temp to hire and there is tremendous room for growth inside the company!
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: High School
experience: 1 Years
- Responsible for review and set-up for all garnishment orders including preparation of orders and correspondence for scanning.
- Maintain garnishment rules in payroll system including research and testing with Sr. Payroll
- Systems Support Specialist to determine proper withholding from employee wages according to state rules and garnishment type.
- Write, review and process reports to automate answer letters and interrogatory responses.
- Maintain garnishment screens by entering applicable start and stop dates for each order in a timely manner according to information contained within order and applicable deadlines.
- Answer and resolve payroll and garnishment questions to provide accurate information in a timely and concise manner to courts, agencies, and employees.
- Interact with various departments within and outside the company to answer questions and resolve issues (external contacts include check collection agencies, courts, lawyers)
- Process lump sum payments and interact with agencies to determine amount to be withheld for quarterly and annual bonus payments and all other lump sum payments.
- Work on special projects as assigned including account reconciliations, accruals and journal entries as well as cross train with other team members
- General knowledge of payroll functions and processing, including bookkeeping, payroll tax, fringe benefits and garnishments
- Team player
- Customer service driven
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to analyze and interpret information
- Proficient use of PC spreadsheet applications
skills: Excel, Word
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.