- This is a project role that will last 4 months
- Under general supervision, is responsible for payer and patient account balances being paid timely and remaining current
- Reviewing patient accounts with credits, posting and transferring patient over payments to invoices with patient responsibility.
- Follows standard procedures and pre-established guidelines to complete tasks
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Monitors delinquent invoices to see where patient credits can be applied.
- Reviews reports, identifies denied claims, researches and resolves issues, may perform a detailed reconciliation of accounts, and possibly submit patient refunds.
- Reviews payment postings for accuracy and to ensure account balances are current
- Works with co-workers to resolve payment and billing errors
- Monitors and updates delinquent accounts status
- Answers patient payment questions and resolves complaints
- Maintains credit balances of patients and payors ensuring timely refunds within government guidelines/regulations
- Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines with regard to patient records
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
Must have experience posting payments daily. Lock-box payment posting a bonus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be present at the employee site during regularly scheduled business hours and regularly required to sit or stand and talk or hear. The position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. The position requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. The employee occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. The position requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.