Accountant - Entry Level
Our client, a Fortune 100 insurance and financial services company, is looking to bring on a Sr. Accountant in their Columbus office for a 5 month contract.
Performs complex accounting functions or responsibilities associated with advanced accounting. Utilizes advanced accounting principles and techniques to obtain, assemble, evaluate, interpret, record and analyze financial data of all types and sources ultimately utilized in the preparation of statements for the various regulatory and statutory authorities and for internal management at all levels. Prepare financial reports and performs analysis of financial statements as directed. Works with internal and external sources to assure proper understanding and reporting of financial data.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 4 Years
1. Prepares and analyzes financial statements for the company(ies) and/or business areas as assigned and required.
2. Reviews, as requested, for accuracy, proper documentation and completeness, all reports, forms and data provided for the proper and accurate submission of required reports and financial statements, both internal and external.
3. Responsible for maintaining the accounting records as needed for the coordination, preparation and submission of the various required reports.
4. Responsible for the development and submission of complex accounting and financial transactions required to insure proper reporting.
5. Corresponds with various field staff or outside sources concerning difficulties, discrepancies or other matters as directed and needed.
6. Keeps informed of changes to GAAP and/or STAT requirements, which will ultimately impact the submission of required reports and financial statements.
7. Participates in development of changes to area(s) of responsibility that would enhance, improve or facilitate job performance, processing or workflow.
8. Participates in the development and design of new systems and processes.
9. Assists in the preparation and analysis of complex pro-forma financial information required for compliance with new requirements, situations or reinsurance agreements.
10. Completes, as assigned, reports or projects in an accurate manner including proper documentation.
11. Prepares state and supplemental reporting requirements for the company(ies) and business areas as assigned and required.
12. Assists in the preparation of complex financial information provided to external auditors, IRS and state examiners and responds to questions, as required.
13. Prepares special reports and presentations as directed.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Undergraduate studies in accounting or finance. Prefer accounting major and degree.
Four years related experience in insurance accounting.
Knowledge: GAAP and/or STAT knowledge, practices and procedures. Insurance and/or business area regulatory requirements.
Financial statement preparation.
Verbal and written communication skills for contact with all levels of management or external entities.
Ability to analyze complex and advanced reporting requirements and financial data to determine proper compliance and disposition.
Ability to effectively operate a personal computer and related accounting, financial analysis and business software.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.