Our client is seeking a key member of their corporate accounting group that will successfully partner with manufacturing leadership to drive all aspects of operating performance and act as the financial champion for cost measurement and analysis while providing valuable depth of expertise to their general accounting function.
If you're someone who's looking toward the future, we'd love to hear from you.
location: Leola, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Significant experience with Month-end close functions, including preparing, reviewing and approving journal entries, reconciliations, accruals intercompany transfers and ensuring the financial records are maintained in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee accounting staff at 2 locations and interface with corporate.
- Manage vendor payments and A/P - assist VP of Finance with cash flow projections.
- Working knowledge of multi-state Sales and Use tax.
- Oversee the corporate credit card program and expense report reviews & approvals.
- Lead the efficient completion of all annual financial audit activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger.
- Proactively champions budget and forecasting activities.
- Develops more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining accuracy, meeting deadlines and remaining compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate, maintain and modify the system of Internal Controls.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Occasional short-term travel to other company facilities in the US to provide corporate level accounting review.
- Bachelor's (B.S. or B.A.) degree in Accounting.
- 4+ years financial accounting experience in a manufacturing environment or 4+ years of public accounting experience.
- CPA a plus. Experience with ERP systems required with SAGE experience a plus.
- Must have a strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills as well as detail-oriented with good planning skills is required.
- Recent Cost Accounting experience in a Standard Cost environment strongly preferred.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
skills: Cost Accounting, Month-End Close, SAGE, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting, $500M-1 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.