Contracts Administrator will be responsible for cradle-to-grave contract administration including closeout, preparing requests for proposals, obtaining subcontractor proposals, evaluating cost proposals, conducting fact finding analysis, preparing cost or price and proposal analysis and leading negotiations for the procurement of materials, equipment or services and will report to the Contracts Manager.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9to5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Interface directly with company Program Managers and Contracting Officer to ensure contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Operate independently with some oversight
- Coordinate approvals of contract modifications, and subcontract awards with appropriate management staff.
- Maintain appropriate records, contractual and other documents
- Work with finance/accounting to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements
- Issue, participate in the negotiation of Prime / Subcontract Terms & Conditions
- Provide advice and interpretation of contract requirements.
- Review solicitation requests to ensure company response is in compliance with terms and conditions.
- Prepare and submit cost proposals including pricing and scheduling details, coordination of requirements, and cost proposal risk assessment.
- Prepare subcontract documentation and agreements.
- Modify contract schedules and participate in agreement negotiations.
- Contract / Subcontract Negotiations
- Contract / Subcontract Pre-Award / Post-Award Administration
- Subcontractor Administration
- Contract Closeout
- Manufacturing Experience
Successful performance of these functions will be dependent upon the candidate's knowledge of the following:
- Relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned contracts / subcontracts, including FAR, DFAR, and CAS.
- Application of relevant flow-down provisions to subcontractors
- Ability to gain understanding and apply company policies to contract/subcontractor performance
- Apply understanding of best value criteria for procurement of products and services
- Understanding of contract administration requirements to maintain accurate records and surveillance during performance
qualifications: Required Skills:
- Ability to exercise creativity, judgment, and leadership capabilities in interpreting and solving complex problems
- Ability to multitask effectively with accurate results
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ensure preparation and execution of timely and accurate contract proposal, administration and close-out documentation
- Assess contractual requirements for data assertion, intellectual property and/or data rights requirements and/or limitations
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments and management levels within the company
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Ability to utilize independent judgment within defined procedures
If you are interested in this opportunity, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) with cradle-to-grave DoD contract administration
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- Experienced in in administering all contract / subcontract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Deltek Cost Point Accounting System is preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Analytical and independent problem solving skills
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Industry experience with DoD contracting
skills: Contract Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.