This is a Direct Hire Accounting Supervisor position north of Boston tasked to motivate and oversee the staff responsible for all accounting functions of assigned entites. The Accounting Supervisor will partner with senior management to maximize efficiency, streamline processes, and ensure all financial deadlines are accurate and complete on time.
The Accounting Supervisor will review and support monthly closing process, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts, manage AP/AR, and working with related system interfaces.
This is an excellent opportunity to take ownership of complex accounting functions while guiding and influencing staff.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Lead month end close process
- Prepare and consolidate financials ensuring accuracy
- General Ledger maintenance
- Review journal entries, reconciliations, accruals for accuracy
- Assist with budget process, analyze and report trends and variances
- Financial and Management Reporting
- Develop, streamline and implement policies and procedures
- Assist with strengthening controls
- Coordinate audits
- Fixed Asset reporting
- Staff management and development
- 4 year college degree
- Advanced degree/cert preferred (MBA/CPA)
- 3+ years of relevant and progressive experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing or product driven industry required
- Prior management skills required
- Experience in multi-national, multi-divisional company
- Motivated with ability to meet new challenges
- Able to adjust and work in a growing environment
- Works well under deadline pressure, able to train, motivate and develop staff in a positive manner
skills: Financial Statements, Financial Reporting, Financial Reporting - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.