Our client is looking for someone to join a diverse, vibrant organization based in Tampa. They have distribution, production, customer service, and sales facilities located in the U.S. and are committed to creating a growth-oriented culture that values each teammate's perspective and contributions.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all warehouse functions are completed accurately and on time
- Ensuring the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and maintaining all records relative to shipping/receiving activities
- Assuring that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assisting in resolving any discrepancies
- Collecting documentation for outbound freight
- Picking orders to be shipped, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping
- Scheduling inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager
- Verifying (recounting) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise
- Picking customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Utilizing material handling equipment, safely and efficiently, to transport product to shipping locations or delivery platforms and ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery
- Organizing and repacking items that require special handling.
SKILLS & EXPEREINCE:
- Associates Degree preferred, but will look at high school graduates
- General knowledge of math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc.
- Prior experience working in a distribution center a plus; Warehouse Certification and Operations Certification also a plus
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment and technology
- Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
- Must be available to work all overtime hours
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.