Our client (a growing IT company) is currently looking to hire a Part Time Bookkeeper to work 20-25 hours a week. This person would report directly to the Accounting Manager and assist them with a variety of accounting tasks. Ideal candidate will have already obtained their Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or be obtaining it this coming Spring. This is a GREAT opportunity to get some accounting work experience for any recent or soon to be graduates.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Receives, approves, and investigates accounts payable invoices
- Codes payables for input into system and remits payments upon approval
- Records cash receipts and makes bank deposits
- Manages AR collections
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers and vendors
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Conducts periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assists accounting manager with tax return preparation & audit
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and GAAP
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Whether you are still pursuing your Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or you have already obtained it, you MUST be able to commit to working 20-25 hours a week in the Uptown Charlotte office!
- There is potential for this position to turn into a full-time role in either Q2 or Q3 of 2020
For *immediate* consideration, please apply and email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.