Assistant Payroll Administrator
Premier Supermarket is actively looking for a Assistant Payroll Administrator for a full time position. The Assistant Administrator will be responsible for over 380 union and non-union employees' payroll. Payroll system knowledge of Ceridian software, MS Office, strong Excel skills, AS400, JDE, SMS preferred. Candidates with 1-2 years payroll experience in a Union environment are encouraged to apply. Bachelor's degree required. Bilingual Spanish a plus. Great opportunity to join a fun down to earth environment. Excellent room for professional growth.
location: South San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $47,000 - 52,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Assistant Payroll Administrator Minimum Requirements:
- Must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a Payroll Administrative role.
- Experience working for a Union environment a plus
- Familiar with Federal labor laws and State of California labor laws
- Knowledge working with timekeeper system and Ceridian program a plus
- Possess sound judgment when planning and accomplishing goals
- Have excellent project and time management skills (especially under critical deadlines)
- Be extremely detail-oriented & thorough
- Possess a professional demeanor
- Be able to work under strict confidentiality
- Be flexible in a variety of situations and be a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have strong computer skills, MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Ability to maintain focus in spite of interruptions
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Assistant Payroll Administrator Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to Payroll and Human Resources Director
- Assist with Payroll processing using Ceridian Software
- Assist with employee safety training program
- Maintain Personnel and HR related files
- Prepare hire and termination paperwork
- Ensure that employee files are up-to-date with current information
- Process and maintain vacation schedules for 380 employees
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets for Payroll and Sales Analysis for labor budget
- Special projects as needed
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: 401K, Human Resources, ERISA, Union Payroll, Manual Payroll System, Certified Payroll Professional, Benefit Administration, Withholding Taxes, Deferred Compensation, 1099s, Payroll - 50 - 500, W-2 End of Year, Payroll Accounting & Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.