Director of Tax
Immediate Need for a Director of Tax
The ideal candidate will be responsible for Accounting for Income Taxes, Filing Tax returns, Supporting IRS Tax assessments and supporting IFRS and US GAAP Audits from a General Accounting as well as Tax standpoint. They will also be responsible for managing Insurances and overseeing the General Accounting and Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
location: Falls Church, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
- Manages Corporate Insurance function - negotiates all corporate insurance policies, deals with the Insurance agencies and reviews all of the customer contracts from a risk coverage perspective
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for Financial Statement review to ensure this compliance. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management /reconciliation and accounts payable functions.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
o Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Accountants, Accounts Payable
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification
- 5 - 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business.
- Manager experience in public accounting will satisfy experience requirement.
- Strong knowledge of Tax reporting requirements is essential
- General Accounting experience in Peoplesoft is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions and geographies
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory
We offer a great benefits package including a 401(k) with company match, a steady schedule - core business hours are 9:00 am-5:00 pm M-F, and a chance to grow within an organization that values its employees.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please apply below or email email@example.com.
skills: Tax Research, Tax Compliance, Tax Planning, Trust & Estate Tax, Tax Supv/Mgmt, Tax Provision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.