job summary: Business Analyst Description:
Candidate will support the global procurement operations team, having business analysis and data integration responsibilities. Ideal candidate has data integration background and is a self-starter who can successfully execute on multiple deliverables simultaneously. Ideal candidate needs to have good data analysis, data warehousing, and SQL skills.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Main job responsibilities are listed below:
- Profiling data and creating data definition documents, working on business requirements document.
- Working on databases like Oracle or SQL Server.
- Working on data warehousing and ETL concepts.
- Using SQL in profiling large datasets for analysis or testing efforts, with multiple/multi-type table joins, multiple keys, and nested queries.
- Analyzing multi-dimensional data (including aggregations and transformations), draw conclusions, and evaluate business gaps & requirements.
- Working with structured and unstructured data in databases, files, triggers, stored procedures, views etc.
- Using advanced Excel functions such as pivot tables and macros.
- Working and communicating effectively with business partners and technology stakeholders.
qualifications: Required Skillsets
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a data analysis or data integration role.
- Prior experience in writing business requirements for data warehouse platforms.
- Prior experience with data warehouse platforms.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), data analysis, and business partnering skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage through change and quickly adapt to changes in business conditions or deliverable requirements.
- Advanced background in Microsoft Excel, Oracle/SQL Server, Oracle stored procedures, Access, Linux.
- Advanced database SQL skills and RDBMS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of ETL or BI concepts.
- Prior experience in data analytics and data integration.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, data quality concepts.
- Knowledge of financial data models is optional.
- Experience with SQL; writing queries and analyzing results returned.
- Experience working in financial services industry.
- Accounting, Finance, or IT degree.
- Certification in database usage (any database).
- Familiarity with Global Procurement organizations and associated operations, such as sourcing and vendor management.
skills: Business Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.