We have a client looking for a Senior Finance Consultant in the Healthcare arena for a 3-5 month project who will assist the CFO directly with high level finance operations and process improvements. This person will help develop strategic plans to define, monitor, and optimize departmental performance.
This includes accounting, accounts payable, payroll functions, accounts receivable, billing and coding. The Senior Finance Consultant will advise the CFO and the Executive Team on financial matters that affect the company and the financial impact of long-range business strategies. The position monitors and coordinates budgetary matters with the CFO.
CANDIDATES WHO APPLY MUST HAVE HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE OR ELSE THEY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. A HOSPITAL SYSTEM OR MANAGED CARE PROVIDER ARE PREFERRED.
location: Palmetto, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the CFO, this position:
- Leads, manages, and directs end to end business operations of the Finance Department.
- Creates strategic plans to define, monitor, and optimize departmental performance against established key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Reports on, oversees, and adjusts departmental activities & workflows to support meeting quality measures, productivity standards, and reimbursement requirements.
- Monitors local, state, and national economic, business, and financial conditions & trends, and their impact on the company's policies and operations
- Develops and maintains accounting policies, procedures, and internal audits to ensure effective and sufficient internal financial controls, records, and services to safeguard company's assets and financial well-being
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounts payable, accounting, payroll functions, accounts receivable, billing, collections, and coding
- Maintains an open line of communication with the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Executive Team on the status of operations and key performance indicators as it relates to areas of assigned responsibility.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports
- Assists in the direction and the preparation and issuance of the company's annual report
- Ensures payroll functions properly and that funds are available
- Performs accounts receivable analysis
- Ensures compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations, safety protocols, TJC, and other accreditation standards and laws
- Assures all staff adhere to and support the patient experience by utilizing the company's Customer Service vision
- Assures all staff ensure confidentiality of patient and company related information/materials per HIPAA laws and that company policies/procedures are maintained at all times
- Ensures compliance to Corporate training and development programs, compliance training, and attestations
- Continually analyzes and evaluates operational performance to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy/procedure changes
- Routinely rounds through departmental location(s) to observe review, build rapport with team members, and analyze operations & workflow activities to ensure best practices are in place and utilized
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other Skills Desired:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field required (Masters Degree preferred)
- Active and current FL Certified Public Account (CPA) license preferred
- 15+ years' experience in accounting and finance required
- 10+ years' experience in a leadership role required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- 5+ years' healthcare industry experience required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Critical/Strategic thinking
- Ability to receive and act upon feedback in a calm, professional manner
- Systems' thinking and process improvement mindset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, projects, and demands
- Ability to lead, influence and work collaboratively with others
- Customer service focus to impact the patient experience and employee retention
- Ability to connect with patients and help them feel at ease
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, staff, and others even in stressful situations
- Comfortable and adept with technology
- Ability to maintain confidences and demonstrate discretion
skills: $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.