Randstad Professionals is currently searching for multiple Financial Counselors
for a medical facility in downtown Richmond.
Do you have prior experience within medical billing, collections or registration work? This could be the opportunity for you!
Please email me directly at email@example.com
for more information on current job opportunities.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Provide financial clearance activities for patients before the scheduled appointment date
- Confirm completion of patient registration data
- Verify insurance eligibility, confirming health plan benefits, procuring PCP referrals and health plan authorizations
- Calculating and collecting patient liability estimate
- Clearly communicate patient financial responsibility to ensure the patients understand the cost of services they receive
- Minimum three (3) years of previous experience in a health care setting to include
- Experience in commercial, managed care and governmental health insurance plans and
- One (1) year experience in insurance plan authorization and referral requirements; or Medical billing
- Previous experience in ICD and CPT coding
skills: Certified Coding Specialist
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.