job summary: Randstad Professionals
is currently seeking a polished ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN for one of our trusted clients in the Richmond area!
If you're looking for a new opportunity with a reputable company AND fit the criteria needed, please send an updated resume to Neph.Sierra@RandstadUSA.com!
location: Glen Allen, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Reconciles, compiles, and tracks financial information manually or by computer in order to maintain an accurate balance for a given accounting period; posts payments received and authorizes payments to vendors, contractors, or clients.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with fund recipients, departments, and other agencies in order to resolve discrepancies and exchange or relate information regarding contract budgeting compliance, financial record corrections, and inter-department/agency appropriations or expenditures.
- Prepares periodic summaries of financial transactions which may include balances, revenue and expenditure statements, statistical cost and operating reports to support annual reports to federal and state agencies.
- Interprets and explains rules, regulations, and policies regarding fiscal programs to staff to ensure compliance with contract terms and accounting procedures.
- May supervise or act as a lead worker over clerical accounting staff; plans, organizes, and directs work.
Knowledge of GAAP
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.