Publicly traded company in Foster City, CA is looking to hire a temp to perm GL Accounting Manager to join the Accounting team. GL Accounting Manager will report to the Director of Accounting and supervise a team of 3 GL Accountants. GL Accounting Manager will oversee accounting functions including: General Ledger, Consolidation, and Journal Entries. GL Accounting Manager will be responsible for a variety of accounting activities including but not limited to monthly close process, account reconciliations, quarterly reviews, and annual audit. Schedule: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Ensure an accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close
- Perform world-wide revaluation, elimination and consolidation activities as part of monthly close
- Prepare/review accounting schedules and analysis routinely for internal and external reporting and audit requirements
- Work with the auditors and ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Record intercompany transactions, and reconcile intercompany accounts
- Assist with the preparation and completion of Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structures
- Lead global GL teams to comply with accounting policies and procedures
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions
- Responds to queries from Management on financial results, special reporting requests as needed
- Drive process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies within the group
- Work cross-functionally to address accounting and reporting issuesTake up special projects/tasks as requested
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in managing GL teams with an in depth knowledge of consolidations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Netsuite ERP experience
- SaaS industry
Click to apply.
skills: Consolidations, Month-End Close, Netsuite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.