The Staff Auditor-I will participate with the planning, executing and reporting on operational audits, perform testing for Sarbanes Oxley requirements and build business relationships. The position will require interaction with key business owners throughout the Company.
location: Davidson, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Understands the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley and assists with the quarterly process which includes planning and executing control testing.
- Assists with onsite and field operational audits which includes assessing the risks that the functional areas, distribution centers and branches encounter while pursuing their objectives and determines the efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with the controls in place to mitigate those risks.
- Assists with reporting audit findings verbally and in writing to business owners.
- Communicates with the business, as appropriate, to provide consultation on internal controls and operational efficiencies.
- Follows up with functional owners on the implementation of agreed upon improvement opportunities.
- Works with external auditors to support their review.
- Stays current of professional standards, technological innovations, and trends in internal auditing, accounting as well as in the distribution industry.
- Performs review of quarterly financial reports including 10Q/K's, Press Releases, Analyst Scripts, Proxy, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or the equivalent required.
- 1 - 2 years of auditing, accounting, or equivalent business experience required.
- CIA, CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Working knowledge of data analytics is preferred.
- Desire to grow and learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time and project management skills are required
Qualified and interested candidates can contact Joseph HoldEn and email resume to email@example.com or may apply directly to this posting.
skills: Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.