Strategic Sourcing Manager - Partnerships & Global Operations (Contractor)
Strategic Sourcing Manager needed to work in Finance and to be part of the team that is responsible for management of our key strategic vendors, agreement negotiations, professional services, and purchases.
This person will work closely with key Partnerships and Global Operations teams meeting their fast paced needs in relation to strategic sourcing strategies and contract/statement of work execution.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare sourcing documents, contracts, statements of work , amendments, renewals and related procurement documents
- Manage sourcing projects and lead contract negotiations that optimize value to the company
- Develop and analyze spend data, internal requirements, and external supply markets to develop strategic sourcing strategies and plans aligned with the business goals
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Identify and report key performance metrics to measure success and drive continuous improvement ensuring alignment with sourcing plans
- Serve as a procurement SME to key stakeholders by identifying their critical business requirements and providing procurement services to meet/exceed their expectations
- Provide regular communication and training on processes and systems
- Perform the supplier management function in collaboration with the business
- Liaise with FP&A, Legal teams, and Vendor Security teams
- Manage, coordinate, and support special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required; post graduate degree is preferred
- 5+ Years of experience in Sourcing & Procurement for IT, Media, Marketing, Professional & Creative services
- 3-5 years Category Management Experience developing and implementing category plans for IT and Media services
- Strong conceptual ability coupled with a proven track record of implementing sourcing, strategic, and process improvement initiatives
- Global experience preferred
- Experience in planning, sourcing, negotiating, contracting and supplier management
- Effective negotiator - proven track record in fact-based negotiations or equivalent contract analysis experience
- Experience in handling a variety of agreements including but not limited to IT, media, marketing and creative, professional services, market research, events.
- Demonstrate the ability to exceed the demands of various internal stakeholders across multiple business units and regions
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Excel and Tableau financial modeling
- Strong skills in quantitative and problem solving skills as well as project management
- Ability to take large quantities of data, perform analysis and make succinct recommendations on sourcing opportunities
- Ability to quickly and efficiently work global contract documents through execution ensuring risks are mitigated and high value is procured
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.