The Cost Accountant has responsibility to account for the cost of products that flow
through the business and reporting profitability of the business. Inventory is the key
asset of the business and the Cost Accountant seeks to establish functional excellence
in inventory accounting and supporting the business efforts to earn desired returns on
location: Clearwater, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
* Maintains the accuracy of the perpetual inventory system, the costs used, the
reconciliation to the general ledger accounts and ensures proper recording of
cost of sales.
* Provides reporting and analysis to support inventory, repair orders and the cost
of sales. Including, but not limited to hours per unit, labor and material costs.
* Accurately accounts for the costs of inventory and repair orders at time of
purchase, as carried in stock, and invoicing upon sale.
* Meets reporting requirements for internal and external needs associated with
inventories, including results of operations, age of the inventory, forecasts,
reconciliations, and analyses.
* Accountable for internal controls over assigned areas.
* Accounts for assigned areas in accordance with policies and generally
accepted accounting principles (GAAP) recording appropriate journal entries.
* Assists with the audits of the financial records and controls as they relate to Cost
* Analyzes operating results and trends to make recommendations to control
costs, safeguard assets, and improve profits.
* Prepare and distribute financial, budget and forecast reports to Corporate and staff in a timely and accurate manner.
* Analyze and explain significant financial items and variances, answering
questions from corporate and staff.
* Act as an additional liaison with Corporate regarding financial and administrative
* Provide backup and project support to the Controller.
* Maintain account analysis and reconciliation.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to
respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write
using original or innovative style. Ability to make effective presentations.
* Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics.
* Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Ability to understand ASC 606 accounting.
* Ability to forecast program margin performance; labor, material, other direct
Qualified candidate will have the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline, or equivalent work
* Five years of experience in a manufacturing accounting environment.
* Proficiency with computer based applications, Microsoft Office, Lotus CC Mail,
skills: Account Reconciliation, Inventory, Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.