A publicly traded company based in Northern Virginia seeks a Staff Accountant. The person will serve as a critical team member and help maintain accurate financial control for widespread company operations.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
Staff Accountant will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, reconciling and correcting financial statements and management reports. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Post journal entries on a daily basis as requested by operations to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute monthly accounting reports to operations and corporate management
- Manage fixed assets to include processing additions and disposals as well as posting monthly depreciation
In addition, serves as the primary point of contact for operations personnel to assist with questions, resolve issues, and process daily requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- General ledger and account reconciliation experience is a plus
Salary for this position is $60,000 - 65,000. In addition to the traditional benefits, this company offers all employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of a retirement savings package.
skills: $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.