Currently working with a successful mid-size publicly traded consumer products company in the East Bay that is seeking an Assistant Controller for the team. This Assistant Controller will oversee 5 people directly and several other indirect reports within the full close process and GL, AP, and AR functions. Position will be involved in the preparation of financial statements and flux analysis and run the audit process. The company utilizes NetSuite and position will have an opportunity to work on systems automation projects. Qualified candidates will have 6-8+ years of experience either in public accounting or within a public company environment. Please apply for additional consideration.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
The Assistant Controller will have five direct reports. Experience with Netsuite would be a big plus.
* Oversee the full close process for the company and oversee the audits.
* Manage supervisors and teams within both AP and AR.
* Handle financial statement preparation and any flux analysis.
* Support Netsuite initiatives and any automation projects.
* Ad-hoc projects as they arise.
* BS in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
* 6-8+ years of experience either in public accounting as a Manager or at a public company as a Manager.
* Experience running the close process, AR or AR functions.
* People management experience.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.