Contract role available for major entertainment studio.
The Accounting department is seeking a Payroll Analyst to perform standard payroll accounting functions supporting assigned business entities.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Handling payroll accounting, such as reconciliation, banking, stop payments etc.
- Moving from payroll processes from JD Edwards to Workday
- Process and reconcile payroll journal entries, monthly accruals, general ledger analysis, and inter-company transactions for a assigned groups. Perform payroll expense account analysis for monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Reconcile general ledger balance sheet accounts as assigned and prepare correcting journal entries as needed
- Prepare and file/transmit manual tax returns not done by tax filing service and request checks from Accounts Payable.
- Act as backup for weekly federal and state tax payments, reconciling quarterly tax filings and year end W 2 Forms, assisting with the preparation, review and filing of tax returns
- Make system updates to withholding rates and other tax setup changes
- Will be responsible for all approximately 5 FEINs. Including setup and maintenance of those FEINs in ADP Smart Compliance. Responsible for ADP Agency Notice tracking in Smart Compliance
- Act as backup for weekly changes to employees lived in and worked in state and local tax designations
- Prepare special ad hoc reports as required and handle additional responsibilities as assigned or requested.
- A minimum of an associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred
- Three years of payroll accounting experience
- Prior in-house payroll processing experience preferred
- Experience that includes a demonstrated knowledge of payroll practices, procedures, and functions within an overall organization of more than 5,000 employees preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Excel and Word required.
- Prior experience with Workday, JD Edwards 9.2 and Hubble reporting preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles required
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities at the same time, be meticulous, adhere to set procedures, and complete tasks timely and accurately in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing deadlines. Must be able to react with the appropriate sense of urgency, without sacrificing accuracy in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical skills required to apply accounting procedures, interpret reports, and to resolve accounting problems
- Must be able to make accurate calculations, detect and correct errors in the payroll data, and work accurately and quickly under changing operational deadlines
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in dealing with payroll data, including sensitive payroll data related to executive employees
- Must have effective work skills, successfully demonstrating flexibility, initiative, and sound judgment while working in a team environment
- May need to work overtime to meet assigned deadlines or addition projects
skills: Excel, ADP, Word, Workday
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.