Union Payroll Manager
4 Month position with major entertainment company ROLE PURPOSE:
The Union Payroll Manager is responsible for managing the Union payroll process and leading the Union Payroll Operations Team in processing 7 union payrolls on a weekly, biweekly, and on-demand basis.
location: Universal City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Coordinate with Labor Relations and Business units on all union payroll matters,
- Work with the Payroll IT team on system issues, enhancements, and testing,
- Manage a team of 2 payroll staff members in day-to day operations,
- Process 7 on-cycle payrolls on weekly and bi-weekly conventions for approximately 25,000 union employees and on-demand off-cycle payrolls,
- Generate and communicate payroll calendars for the following year,
- Work with the Time & Attendance Operations Team to address any time and attendance issues,
- Process various periodic contractual union vacation, sick time, and pension payouts,
- Provide union payroll operations subject matter expertise to Labor Relations, HR, Business Units, and EDS Senior Management,
- Ensure Union Payroll Operations Team members are trained and have all the resources they need to perform their duties,
- Ensure Union Payroll Operations processes and procedures are fully documented with narratives, control matrixes, flow charts, and stakeholders,
- Develop Union Payroll Operations Metrics to provide insight into the union payrolls and identify potential areas of opportunity,
- Identify, develop, and lead continuous process improvement initiatives to include proposals, project plans and charters,
- Support internal and external union payroll audits and implement recommendations where appropriate,
- Be prepared to work with Sr. Director of Payroll Operations on various Payroll Operations Projects in the following roles: project management, subject matter expertise, project team, or UAT design and testing.
qualifications: KEY COMPETENCIES
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze union pay rules.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in team-oriented environments.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and develop mitigation plans to minimize risk to the organization.
- Experience and knowledge of payroll audit and payroll accounting best practices and their application in a payroll operations environment.
- Experience with enterprise payroll and time & attendance systems.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws,
- Advanced level competency with Microsoft business programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, Visio, etc.
- Ability to balance stability and predictability with the need to constantly improve and adapt to the changing work environment.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field
- 3-5 years' experience in leading payroll operations teams
- SAP or equivalent enterprise payroll system
skills: 1099s, Payroll - 50 - 500, Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.