A Top Client of Randstad and one of the largest Employers in Philadelphia is actively seeking a Director of Technical Accounting for their growing organization! This is a very unique opportunity to join a multi-billion dollar organization with great exposure to various C-level Executives within the firm. The Director of Technical Accounting will play a pivotal role in analyzing new and emerging accounting and reporting rules facing the firm, as well as researching current rules for application to significant firm transactions.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Research technical accounting issues and draft accounting policies, maintaining an accounting policy repository, which includes distilling and summarizing complex accounting topics to enable users across functions to understand their application to our business
- Performing research related to technical accounting and reporting matters and writing technical memorandums for transactions in such areas as revenue recognition under ASC 606, lease accounting under ASC 842, goodwill and intangible assets, purchase accounting, foreign currency, derivatives and hedging, and other matters
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures to ensure external financial statements are in accordance with GAAP and internal management reporting is consistent with established policies and procedures
- Assist in training, and developing the accounting team to build a deep technical knowledge in US GAAP and accounting policies
Preferred Qualifications listed below - please apply directly to the posting to be considered!
- CPA required
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with "Big 4" Accounting firm or industry related experience in a technical accounting and/or consulting role
- Deep technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and accounting theory, including experience documenting and researching technical accounting answers
- Executive presence; ability to work effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, utilizing strong written and oral communications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences including clients, front line managers, C-level leaders (headquarters and sector)
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
skills: $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.