job summary: A large technology organization in the Loop is seeking a new Sr. Internal Auditor to join their growing team. This Individual will be in charge of the operational/financial audit, so experience in that area is a must.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Contribute to all aspects of the audit including: planning, performing testing, work paper documentation, control evaluation, report drafting, and verification of issue closure
- Develop knowledge of the business processes and evaluate the controls, transactions, and business conditions to determine compliance to their policies and procedures
- Perform data analysis to identify trends, aberrations, and outliers that could be indicative of accounting irregularities
- Lead meetings with all levels of management in other departments including Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Sourcing, and IT in order to plan and execute the audits
- Obtain and review evidence ensuring the audit conclusions are well documented
- Discuss test results and audit findings with relevant stakeholders and management to resolve issues and enhance controls
- 3+ years' audit experience, preferably in Big 4 Public or National Accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- Ability to travel internationally 25-30%
- Ability to demonstrate strong financial accounting, audit, internal control, and analytical skills
- Ability to support multiple audits simultaneously and effectively manage timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- PeopleSoft/ERP system familiarity highly desirable
- Professional certificate a plus: CPA, CIA, CFE or CISA.
skills: PeopleSoft, CPA
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.