Randstad USA is seeking an accounting professional for an exciting and challenging cost accountant / financial analyst opportunity.
Randstad is working with a global brand in the north suburbs area to identify a skilled cost accountant & financial analyst for a position within their growing accounting department.
An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and at least four years of experience as a financial analyst in a large corporation ($250M+ in revenue). Cost accounting experience is also required. Other essential attributes include a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to work across various accounting platforms, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are looking for a new role that offers opportunities for continued growth and professional development, this is the opportunity for you.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Provide financial planning and analysis (FP&A) support to the Service, Manufacturing and Supply Chain groups.
- Proficient in gathering, interpreting and communicating organizational data to better understand the business and its key drivers.
- Prepare financial forecasts, semi-annual budgets / operating plans, as well as, concise meaningful variance and margin analysis.
- Provide direction on cost accounting related activities to ensure that transactions are recorded accurately and transparently.
- Provide thoughtful analysis of cost variance drivers.
- Calculate of annual labor and overhead rates, ensure that transfer prices for services performed are reasonable, and drive effective decisions in the organization.
- Support management in preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, and other projects.
- Assume limited roles within the month end accounting close, be responsible for reviewing judgmental accounts, and perform audits as necessary.
- Limited travel with North America is required.
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
- Master's Degree of Business Administration is preferred .
- 3+ years of cost accounting experience is required.
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience is required.
- Proficiency in major ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, JR Edwards, SAP)
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus.
- Experience using SAP FI/CO is a plus.
- Experience with CRM is helpful.
- Experience with BW and BI is helpful.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
skills: Financial Analysis, Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.