Are you an experienced financial leader looking for a new, long term home where you can make a difference?
This is a Direct Hire Controller position with a dynamic, growing company. The Controller will be responsible for all accounting and finance functions as well as driving the financial performance of the organization.
This culture driven company is looking for a team oriented professional who thrives in collaborative environments.
location: Medford, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
The Controller will be responsible for overseeing a staff in multi-site environment ensuring timely and accurate fiscal closes and financial reports, maintaining systems, strengthening/implementing controls, and leading the budget process while adhering to appropriate guidelines and regulations.
The Controller will act as a Business Partner to company leadership identifying areas of growth/improvement and implementing strategies.
- Oversee and streamline month end close, provide detailed financial reports
- Leading budget and forecasting processes
- Strengthen and implement policies & procedures
- Responsible for the full cycle accounting function including AP, AR, Payroll, GL maintenance, reconciliations, journal entries, month end close and financial statement prep and analysis
- Consolidating financial statements
- Analyze, research and report variances in budget to actuals
- Partner, support senior management and guide them in their decision making process; ensure they understand financial impact of their decisions
- Hire, train, and motivate staff
- Coordinate audits
The ideal profile is:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- 8+ years of relevant and progressive experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience in a multi-site environment is required
- Prior staff management experience (ability to hire, train, motivate)
- Must be willing and able to be hands on.
- Previous experience in a smaller, but growing expanding company is highly desirable
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.