Randstad USA is seeking an ACCOUNTANT for an exciting and challenging opportunity.
Randstad USA is working with a medical device manufacturer on the north side of Chicago to identify a skilled accountant for a position within their organization.
This role will be responsible for a wide range of functions including preparing the month-end close and financial statements, generating operational reports, and sharing the cash application, collections and disbursement functions. The ACCOUNTANT is an integral point person who links operations to the Business Office requiring great skills in communication and inter-department coordination.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Generate operational reports for Senior Management
- Complete month-end close and financial reporting
- Prepare journal entries
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts
- Reconcile Incoming Credit Card Receivable account
- Perform daily cash reconciliation at least 1x per week including Lock Box, credit card, and incoming electronic payment processing
- Prepare customer rebate calculation per schedule and provide to Controller for review
- Review non-purchase order invoices for proper coding before posting
- Reconcile vendor invoices for electronic products at each billing frequency
- Assist in collection efforts with outside collection agency as needed
- Reconcile pre-recorded cash disbursements
- Shared responsibility for processing incoming requests to the Accounting email box within 24 hours of receipt
- 3-5 years as an Accountant (or higher) required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (equivalent) required
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Work independently without close supervision
- Proficient computer skills including an intermediate (or better) knowledge of MS Office, primarily MS Excel
- Proficient with managing an ERP system
- Experience with Avalara Cert Capture, Sage X3 ERP and high volume credit card sales a plus
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), annual retirement contribution, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a position that matches your skills, experience and... more importantly... your career goals, I want to speak with you. Click APPLY or send me an e-mail at Edwin.Johnson@RandstadUSA.com so that we can schedule a time to speak.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.