Property Management company in Broward county seeking to hire a Senior Accountant immediately due to growth. This position offers competitive compensation package and excellent quality of life.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Analyze and post Journal entries to the General Ledger for a given accounting period for an assigned portfolio.
- Prepare and deliver Financial Statement packages for an assigned portfolio of Condominium and/or Homeowners Associations following the quality standards as instructed by Management. Verify correctness of information prior to submission.
- Review and analyze transactions from Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure they have been accurately coded and recorded. Identify, investigate, resolve and/or report on discrepancies.
- Research, analyze, identify and explain any variances or unexplained items on the Income Statement and changes on the Balance Sheet.
- Prepare the Financial Statement package and submit for review to the assigned Supervisor
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provide assistance to Property Managers and Regional Directors on accounting matters related to the assigned portfolio.
- Respond timely to requests from Field Staff or Regional Directors.
- Analyze and post end-of-year audit entries.
- Communicate timely the potential issues that may affect the accuracy of the financial statements.
- Collaborate independent CPA audit firm in their audit and review of associations on a year-end, turnover, and/or periodic audit/review.
- Approve association budgets according to department standards.
- Follow up and work on resolution of outstanding items within financial statements.
- Prepare individual association books for End-of-Year Closing.
- Assist on special requests and projects as necessary.
- Train and develop Staff Accountants.
- Provide guidance, direction and input to Staff Accountants.
- Review Financials Statements prepared by Staff Accountants as needed.
- Assist Financial Reporting Supervisors and Managers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of general ledger accounting experience.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform with minimum supervision and make decisions independently.
For immediate consideration please submit resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.