Property Management company in Broward county seeking to hire a Property Accountant immediately. This position offers excellent compensation package and work/life balance.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Monitor properties cash position on a daily basis.
- Reconcile monthly bank and mortgage statements for cash and escrow accounts.
- Review and approve tenant billings, chargebacks, and any other necessary adjustments.
- Confirm cash receipts on all tenants who pay their rent and CAM via ACH. Cash Disbursements
- Review invoices for proper account coding and approval.
- Approve invoices for payment based on property cash flow.
- Ensure all mortgages, real estate tax bills, insurance bills, and ground lease payments are paid timely.
- Assist the Asset Manager in processing quarterly distributions. Monthly Reporting
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of accounting work papers for each assigned property.
- Review and reconcile G/L accounts. Prepare and post necessary journal entries to maintain complete and accurate books for assigned properties.
- Complete month end close for assigned properties. - Record all necessary accruals within 5 business days following the last day of the month.
- Work with Property Managers to develop budget variance explanations.
- Prepare monthly financial package as required by the management agreement or owner of the assigned property. Budgets/Operating Expenses
- Assist Property Managers in the preparation of the annual property budget. - Create reforecast budgets for all assigned properties.
- When applicable, calculate allowable gross-up numbers for the budgets.
- Review budgets and comments provided by the Property Managers for accuracy and completeness.
- Load budget detail into Kardin/Yardi.
- Assist the Property Mangers in completing annual operating expense reconciliations timely and accurately. Other Miscellaneous
- Record refinances, sales, and casualties.
- Help develop and update Operational Accounting Policy and Procedures.
- Close the month and the year in Yardi.
- Record the necessary reclassification entry of PY net income/loss as part of the year end close.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 or more years of accountig experience in real este industry
- Intermediate Excel required
- Yardi experience preferred
For immediate consideration please submit resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.