job summary: Credit and Collections Specialist needed
Large manufacturing company in Long Island is looking for a Credit and Collection Specialist to be able to handle a fast paced, heavy collections focused environment. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with retail, whole and sub-contractors.
location: Port Washington, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
experience: 5 Years
- The collections specialist will be involved in a wide array of Accounts Receivable functions included but not limited to:
- Researching payment & negotiating terms.
- Collection on past debt via phone and email. Being able to act with a sense of urgency
- Creating invoices to submit billing information to clients
- Ability to identify payment issues and follow proper protocol to help expedite conclusions.
- Perform reconciliations and A/R adjustments
- Work directly with Cash Flow analyst to ensure proper cash landings
- 5+ years of AR, Credit or Collections experience
- Exposure to retail, wholesale and subcontractor experience is a must
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
skills: Excel, Billing, Credit Collections, Credit & Collections, Credit Analysis, Commercial Collections, Consumer Collections, Credit Card Receipts, Corporate Credit, Management Responsibility, AR Billing, Commercial Credit Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.