We're looking for a qualified Sr. Accounting Manager to manage and oversee the daily operations of an accounting department for a multi-unit commercial real estate enterprise that is concentrated in the hospitality and office center industries. In addition to hospitality industry accounting management expertise, this individual will need to be skilled in the monitoring and analyzing of accounting data; the production of financial reports; the preparation of budgets; as well as the preparation of consolidating and consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. The most successful individual will be adept at establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles; and this professional will have successful experience managing the accounts receivable, accounts payable and employee benefits functions of the company. This position will report to the Controller.
location: Miami Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Oversee and review account reconciliations, prepare and post monthly journal entries, and update supporting schedules. Identify, report, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Execute timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial closes, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Provide schedules and commentary regarding operating account results and variances to budget; along with the production of working capital analyses, cash-flow reports and applicable commentary.
- Manage the maintenance and updating of all financial records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets.
- Prepare monthly and year-to-date consolidating and consolidated GAAP based financial statements; as well as other special financial reports requested by management.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and projections.
- Determine and manage the preparation and maintenance of the company's fixed asset schedules.
- Maintain files and comply with company record retention requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance.
- Professional accounting experience in the hospitality industry is required.
- Accounting department management and leadership experience is a must.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (including Excel Macros) applications required.
skills: $2 billion+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.