We are currently seeking a detail-oriented and dependable candidate to fill a Staff Accountant role. The ideal candidate is responsible for providing support for the Accounting Department.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Maintain the general ledger, fixed asset reporting, reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts, research and reconciliation of discrepancies, auditing and verifying documents, and following internal controls.
- Assist month-end closing activities.
- Identify opportunities for, and assist in, developing new work processes and workflows that improve management reporting and internal controls.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tools for management decision support.
- Perform special duties and projects as requested by the management team.
qualifications: Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
If you fit the job description above please send your resume to Jason Newberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a relevant role.
- Understanding of US GAAP.
- Experience using various accounting systems is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
skills: General Ledger, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.