A Waterbury area manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant for a newly created role. The Controller is looking for someone with a strong cost/manufacturing background who will spearhead setting up standard cost on over 3000 SKUs.
location: Waterbury, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assist with month-end operations, including the financial reporting package, plant spending, budget review, current estimates, analysis and KPI's.
- Lead the development of a standard costing system, in conjunction with the the operations and engineering teams.
- Work with IT to continuously improve the standard costing system.
- Analyze manufacturing costs.
- Compare standard costs to actual production costs.
- Drive improvement through analysis and correction of manufacturing variance.
- Partner with operations and management, providing "real time" support and communication.
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 5 plus years of experience with plant/cost accounting
- Strong understanding of standard cost
- Planning and budgeting experience
- ERP experience (SAP and AS 400 preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookup functions and advanced formulas.
Compensation: $80-90K, depending on experience, bonus potential
skills: Cost Accounting, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards, Standard Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.