A rapidly expanding Fortune 200 automotive manufacturer in NW Indiana is looking for an experienced AP Accountant to join their growing team! This is a high visibility role that will report directly to the Assistant Controller, with room to grow in this new facility. AP, Payroll and technical skills required.
location: Hammond, Indiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: NATURE OF WORK:
Perform accounting tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
(The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Review invoice data for appropriate documentation prior to payment.
- Prepare Debit/ Credit Memos.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Perform duties according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Investigate and resolve invoice issues.
- Perform month end close duties: Journal entries, Reconciliations.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Assists with physical inventory
- Back up for Weekly Hourly Payroll Processing/ AR Accountant
qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze problems.
- Must be willing to work extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work on weekends & holidays, as needed
skills: Accounts Payable, Payroll Processing, Payroll Accounting & Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.