Randstad Professionals has an immediate need for a Controller. The Controller will work very closely with Senior Management and be responsible for managing the accounting staff and the monthly closings of the general ledger and internal/external financial reporting. The Controller must have a demonstrated ability to lead and develop the accounting staff and must be able to communicate cross functionally with other departments
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6,8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Strong presence and communication skills are critical in this role, as the Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and have significant interaction with senior management, vendors, the board of directors, and other parties
- Provide hands-on management and leadership over the corporate accounting team ensuring financial statement are prepared accurately in a timely manner
- Ensure proper financial reporting controls are in place and in accordance with GAAP/IFRS and corporate accounting policies.
- Provide technical accounting guidance and research on new acquisitions costs, goodwill intangibles and capitalizable expenses.
- Develop and implement process initiatives related to month-end close, financial reporting, business operations and process improvements.
- Evaluate all systems for possible cost savings and improved efficiencies.
- Manage the year-end financial statement audit by preparing audit work papers, responding to specific audit requests and the accumulation of disclosure information.
- Supervise the accounting team with the preparation of month-end journal entries, general ledger accounting schedules and internal/external financial reporting
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure proper receivable/payable cutoff and monthly revenue recognition accounting is consistent with Company's accounting policies
- Maintain significant balance sheet supporting schedules and roll forwards for intangible assets and capitalizable expenses and provide valuation guidance
- Prepare month-end financial reporting package (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and other equity related financial reports)
- Reviewing and analyze subscription revenue recognition schedules in accordance with ASC 606
- Cross functional communication with other departments within the company
- Analyze monthly and quarterly variances and provide explanations to budgets
- Prepare internal financial reports for senior management
- Assist CFO with budgeting process and trend analyses
- Respond to audit and tax inquiries from external CPA firm
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA is a must; MBA is a plus
- 7 years plus accounting experience as an Assistant Controller/ Accounting Manager; hands on role in developing and leading an accounting staff
- Experience with implementation of ERP systems is highly desired
- IPO experience if highly preferred
- Mid-large company experience ($400m to $1b in revenues)
- Must be comfortable in dealing with other department heads and interaction with senior management
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines for the accounting team
- Strong Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, if statements, and importing and exporting data)
- Strong Communication skills both written and oral.
skills: General Ledger, Financial Reporting - Internal, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.