Payroll and Accounting Operations Analyst needed to support Accounting Operations and Analysis Department of a Big4 firm with an office in Tampa.
The Payroll and Accounting Operations Analyst is a key member of the finance organization. In this role you will perform daily payroll department operations, manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely and reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Provides day-to-day operational support to the Accounting-Operations and Analysis department.
- Process manual check
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements from ADP
- Load import files received from HR (All Companies)
- Respond to payroll escalation tickets
- Assists in the preparation and analysis/audit/interpretation of information for management reporting and financial statement disclosures.
- Audits journal entry submissions from the field to ensure adherence to GAAP and policy/procedures.
- Supports team by performs research and analysis in various accounting areas including, tax, payroll, AP, AR, assets, deferred charges, HW, pensions, and liabilities.
- Accounts for transactions in accordance with Firm's Accounting policies.
- Works closely with the Account Reconciliation team and the GAAP accounting & reporting team to identify issues and provide resolution support.
- Responsible for implementing new accounting standards and/or processes as they arise.
- Work closely with various stakeholders in matters that involve accounting.
- Participate in Special projects.
- Analyzes account balances to ensure they are properly stated; recognizes potential issues, identifies deviations and discrepancies, makes recommendations for possible resolution and proactively works to resolve them through research, investigation and capitalizing on past experiences/best practices.
- Establishes, partners and maintains business relationships with customers (i.e., USFS, IFS/LOS Finance, Procurement, Treasury, Partnership Tax) to ensure their understanding of account activity; provides variance explanations and supports their conclusions with data.
- Perform accounting calculations for assets, health & welfare, pension, bonus, sales & use taxes, depreciation, AP/AR, payroll, deferred charges and all other accounting matters. Serves as the general ledger account analysis subject matter specialist for the USFS and its customers.
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge and understanding of GFS policies and procedures; has a thorough understanding of the Firm's SAP system and understands the relationships, links and dependencies between the various SAP database tables; serves as the "go to" person.
- Has an advanced level of knowledge in use of the Firm's standard suite of work solutions (e.g., Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and relevant technical tools (e.g., GFS, R/3, K-Curve, relevant databases).
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Manages multiple complex and diverse assignments, analyzes information and conducts extensive research in the delivery of assigned tasks; has discretion in decision-making seeking guidance on highly complex issues. Activities affect the Firm's financial statements.
- Communicates frequently with customers, understands their expectations, builds networks and, through negotiation, has a moderate level of influence on others.
- Understands customer expectations and is responsive to their inquiries.
- Seeks and applies knowledge and shares information and expertise with team members (e.g., presentations, external/technical training, technology tips, etc.).
- Moderate level of influence within department and cross-functionally. Prepares, maintains, analyzes and resolves complex transactional issues within the department; manages multiple tasks.
- Facilitates financial processing, data entry, and follow up. Identifies discrepancies and inconsistencies, researches by accessing various external and internal source systems, determines resolution, and presents findings to supervisor so that corrective action may be taken.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of efficiency, and identifies and proactively suggests solutions and improvements to project approach.
- Completes, with minimal guidance, complex ad hoc assignments/projects as assigned by management utilizing past experience and best practices to make judgment calls.
- High School Diploma
- 4-6 years experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including Google.
- Working knowledge of ADP and/or Workday.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Strong Customer service skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.